Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yoga and Other Exercise

I survived my first yoga class. It's kind of interesting; I feel like I worked out my muscles, but it didn't seem very hard when I was doing it. If I'm sore tomorrow, I might feel better about the whole thing.

It turns out the that the gym has a Pilates class on Wednesdays. Maybe I'll try that also to see if it's any good. (That suggestion came from Lonnie.)

The secretary in the office went with me today and we were actually talking about trying to go jogging after work one of these days. She and I are both way out of shape, so we need it. That might be good motivation since I'd have someone with me.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love exercising with someone else who is motivated. One of my friends who I am supposed to walk with once a week keeps canceling on me and if I want to walk with Jeff I practically have to drag him out of the house. It might sound weird but I don't like walking on my own.

Pam said...

I agree, I can't go without someone else. I'm just not motivated.

Sarah said...

walking by yourself is not half as good as with someone. unless you have small children and rejoice at the oppurtunity to think for a few minutes. or not think. but i still am much more motivated with an excercise buddy - i'll go the extra mile so to speak. i did pilates for a bit and loved it.

Anonymous said...

I don't like walking on my own either. Maybe it's a girl thing?