Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Newest Project

I'm now trying to make a blanket (Wendy, don't look, it's a surprise). The trick with this one is that it's not round, so I figured out how to turn the yarn around to make something flat. The first step is to go around the circle just like usual which you can see in the picture.


The second step is the key. Instead of wrapping around the next peg, you wrap it back around the previous peg as seen in the picture below.


The third step is to wrap around the next peg and go back the other way.


The only problem I have so far is that the bottom is rolling up a little bit which you can see in the picture below.


The edge looks just a little bit strange, but not too bad. I don't know how this will look when it's done, but it's fun anyway. I'll post again once I finish.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I would comment but I couldn't look at this posting. : ) I can't wait to see the finished product. It will match the hat. Was that the point?

Wendy said...

Also, I like your new profile picture much better than the one from before.

Pam said...

Yup, I'm hoping to get a matching set.

Joanne said...

Very cool