Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bad Yoga Mat

I bought a yoga mat for $30 at Target, and when I used it yesterday, it was so slippery (my hands were sliding) that I had to get one of the other mats that are available to borrow at the gym. I'm going to try to return it even if it has been opened, because I can't figure out how they think it could possibly work. They shouldn't be selling a product like that. If I can return it, I'm going to much more careful with my next yoga mat purchase.

I'm trying to get my own mat because the ones at the gym seem kind of gross and well used. We are bare foot and sometimes press our faces into the mat. I'm probably going to end up with some strange foot disease. Also, people are sweating and then lying on the mats. So there you have it, I'd like to have my own mat.

Yesterday I did pilates for the first time. It didn't seem all that hard when I was in the class, but again I'm sore, especially my stomach muscles. It was a good class.

2 comments:

Lonnie said...

Cool. The advanced classes are difficult but fun. When you master some of those moves there is that fun feeling of accomplishment.

Wendy said...

I hope they take back the mat and that you can get one that actually works.