Friday, June 09, 2006

Science Graduation Ceremony

Tonight I'm helping with the College of Science graduation ceremony. We're all wearing our green College of Science shirts and khaki pants. I had to go last night after work to buy a pair of pants since none of my old khakis fit me right now. I started out at Old Navy and found a great pair on sale for only $6.50, but they only had an 8 and a 12, and I definitely needed a 10. So I went to another Old Navy that I know and they didn't have anything even close to what I wanted, regardless of price, size, etc. Lastly I found a pair at Ross for $14 and had to get them since it was 9:15pm and I was out of time. Unfortunately, the pants are linen and I now look like I slept in them even though I ironed them before wearing them this morning. And it seems like they've stretched out over the day. They're now super baggie and wrinkled.



Jake said I should have to buy these pants with my money (we both have allowances), but I say that's not fair. I never would have bought these unless I was desperate. And at 9:15pm last night, I was definitely desperate.

5 comments:

Chris Steele said...

I agree, they should not come out of your allowance, because they're for work. And they do look cute, but you're right, they kind of give the "saggy butt" effect (no offense). Stupid streched-out pants. I have some like that, and when you're pregnant, it's even worse.

Sarah said...

yeah, linen can be rather silly that way.

Wendy said...

Yes, I am not impressed with the way they look in the picture. I am sure they looked better before.

Lonnie said...

Nice droopy butt ; )

Anonymous said...

You SO make me laugh. I am sitting at work taking a much needed break, and your stories have me in stitches. :)