Monday, September 11, 2006

Tagging/Graffiti

On Saturday I saw that the "Backus Street Gang" had once again decided to write an enormous "BST" down the side of our beautiful old tree on the side of our house. And of course they used dark blue to make sure it was quite visible to all who might be driving by to view the house we are trying to sell.

Last time this happened, I bought a solution called Graffiti Off or something like that. It didn't work very well and took a long time to get off. This time Jake bought a different brand and it worked really well. The paint is completely gone which we were both quite happy about.

I absolutely HATE it when people tag or destroy other people's property. Actually, I'm so mad that if I knew who they were I'd probably go over a spray paint "BST" on the side of their house and see how they like having graffiti all over their things. OK, OK, maybe I wouldn't go that far, but I am pretty upset about these idiot little wanna be gangsters.

While we were working on the graffiti removal we also saw a Praying Mantis at our house. This is the second one I've seen at home, which is really strange since I'd never seen them before in California. Has anyone else noticed the increase in bugs, grasshoppers, spiders? It's kind of strange.


This reminds me. My camera seems to be missing. I'm hoping it will turn up soon since I haven't seen it in about a month. I really hope I don't end up having to buy a new one. Luckily I've got my camera phone as a back up for now.

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

Awesome! Great little bug. We gets tons of everything at our home in Big Bear. (even in the house)

Sarah said...

how frustrating!

and how cool to see a praying mantis. I'm not sure if i've seen a real one - outside of the zoo of course.

Joanne said...

Could I help you tag their houses PLEASE :) I have noticed more grasshoppers this year.

Wendy said...

I hate tagging. So stupid and rude. If you want you can borrow my pellet gun and shoot them in the back sides so they will leave. It seems to have worked for the cats around my house. Of course they would probably come back with real guns so maybe not such a bright idea.

Jeff and I have spiders all over our house. Funny I read your post today. I just threw a green grasshopper out of my house which I thought was very unusual.

Hope you find your camera.

Mel said...

I heard on the news that the increase in bugs and spiders is due to the heat. Err. Hope it gets cold soon.