Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bike Riding Adventures #1

Yesterday we went on a bike ride in Fullerton. There's a really fun 12 mile loop that's pretty easy, but challenging enough to make it fun. It's been about 5 years since I've ridden there so I only remembered the trail vaguely.

About 5-10 minutes into our two hour ride, I went down what looked to be a small hill (and turned out to be a three foot verticle drop) and ate it. What I mean is, I fell REALLY hard. My tire hit the ground, bounced up, and my body kept going even though the bike had stopped.

Normally, this wouldn't have been a big deal. I could have put my foot out to catch myself. But I was wearing clip in shoes and my leg got tangled into my bike... and it hurt! My bike ended up with the chain off, the brakes bent out of whack, my wheel slightly bent, and one of my spokes was broken off. I'm definitely going to need a tune up now.

The picture of my leg is rather disappointing. It's not as impressive as I thought it might be, but pictures are usually more fun and add to the story so here it is.


Not to worry, we finished the ride and had a good time. :)

7 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

We sure make a team....your leg my thumb...
Keep up the hard work and exercise.
Love you

Joanne said...

Good times!

Sarah said...

you kept riding?!? that is impressive. I think I would have called it a day. And your leg looks plenty painful to me. sheesh, you're like super woman. :)

Wendy said...

Wow. Very impressive. That looks like it really hurt. It sounded like it really hurt. I agree with Sarah you are super woman. : ) But, question... was that part of the trail or did you get off of the trail. It seems like someone would mark it so people did not do what you did.

Chris Steele said...

Ouch--that looks really painful, and I know the camera did not do it justice. I also agree with Sarah--I would've called it a day!

Chris Steele said...

Ouch--that looks really painful, and I know the camera did not do it justice. I also agree with Sarah--I would've called it a day!

Mel said...

OUCH! That looks like it hurts. I'm impressed. What a trooper! Wait until I tell Dave. He will be so proud :)