Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No Yoga Today

I was very excited today. I was going to try a yoga class for the first time ever. I have a friend who loves it and says it actually is exercise (I always thought it looked too easy). Last week I found out that they have a yoga class at the fitness center on campus and a day pass is only $5. Most other places I've looked at cost about $12 per class. That's expensive!

So this morning I packed my work-out clothes and carried them with me to my office. At 11:30 I called to make sure the class was being offered, at 11:45 I changed my clothes and walked over there (7 minutes in the hot sun at a fast pace), at 11:58 I paid $5 to get into the fitness center (and made sure to tell the staff person that I was there for the yoga class), grabbed a mat for the class and was sitting on my mat by 12:00noon.

The other girls in the room thought it was strange that the instructor wasn't there and said that she is never late and never cancels a class. At 12:05, one of the staff told us that the class was cancelled. Luckily, he remembered that I had purchased a day pass and gave me a free one day pass for a future visit. I was still so disappointed that I left without working out.

So sad. Maybe next week?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

very sad - getting there and dressed is half the battle for me. i'd be disappointed to not actually be able to take advantage of that accomplishment.

Pam said...

Exactly, Sarah!

Wendy said...

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. How disappointing. : (

Chris Steele said...

I agree with you three. And I also agree with Pam's first assertion that yoga isn't really exercise, but I did go with my sister-in-law once, and there were some muscle-toning things. I think it's something you have to do regularly, and you shouldn't expect to sweat (I did, but it is very different from a treadmill or elliptical machine). Oh yeah, and I'm terrible with coordination & balance, so I had trouble with the positions at first.

Lonnie said...

You should try Pilates. It's much more fun, I think. I was an instructor for a while until an unfortunate dirt biking accident.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»