Thursday, May 25, 2006

Jake's New Job

Jake started his new job on Monday. Since then he's stayed late every night working. In fact, last night he didn't get home until 9:45pm. This morning he set his alarm for 5:10am so that he could catch the train and be to work by 7:30am.

I don't think I'm going to be very happy if this keeps up. If he doesn't start to come home at a decent hour, maybe I'll start exercising after work to keep myself busy. I'll give it another couple weeks and see what happens. Life is going to be different if this is the norm from now on.

At least he seems to like his new job so far.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

what kind of work is he in?

Wendy said...

Yuck. I don't like it when Jeff is gone a lot. Hopefully things calm down once he gets more used to the job.

What is the job exactly?

Chris Steele said...

I agree with Wendy--I don't like it when I don't see my husband very much. I joke that I want to see him while I still like him. I really wouldn't like it if he were out that late--it's much different than not seeing him because he's in the office doing homework (or playing computer gamesj).

Pam said...

Jake is an evironmental engineer and just started at a new consulting firm. I'm not actually sure exactly what he does. He's told me a couple times, but I can't seem to remember much. I think it has something to do with wetlands, natural water processing and things like that.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»