Thursday, April 27, 2006

They're Going to Cut My Lip Open

Today I saw the plastic surgen about fixing the lump in my lip. I thought it would be fun to share the accident photos also. I collected these for the insurance company to prove that I have a lump and that it was caused by the accident.

This was taken right after the accident.

This was taken the fist day after the accident.

This was taken three days after the accident.

This was taken recently to show the lump. Maybe I'm vain, but I'm going to see if he can make it look any better.

He's going to cut the lip, take out the scar tissue and stitch me back up.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I think you have every right to have it fixed and you shouldn't have to pay a dime. I also think that it looks fine how it is but if it were me and it was free and they thought they could get rid of it I think I would do it. Heck, while they were at it they could fix up my nose, my cheek bones, eyes and anything else they thought could look better. ; )

Sarah said...

holy crap! that picture scared me - i had no idea you'd been in an accident. and as much as the first pictures shocked me, i couldn't find anything on the last one.

Pam said...

I think when it's your own face, it stands out more. Most people can't really tell. I forgot to mention that there's a 5% chance it'll look worse. I'd sure feel silly if that happened. I hope it doesn't!

Chris Steele said...

Oh my word! I'm as shocked as Sarah by the accident. It looks horribly painful. And I can see the lump.