Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Curtain Dying Gone Bad

I really wish I'd remembered to take a picture of this last night.

Jake bought curtains from pottery barn online that were called beige, thinking that they would be good for the back house. Since we have white walls they didn't end up matching at all. They looked like an off white on white. So I decided I would try dying them.

I'm not quite certain what I did wrong, but the first time the color (tan) was nice but completely uneven so it looked splotchy. I decided I'd fix it by trying again and couldn't find the same color so I bought taupe and tried again. This time it looked like it was blotchy as well as being two different colors.

My next bright idea.... last night I used color remover. My curtains are now VERY yellow (and a bit blotchy). So, my solution? Tonight I'm going to try dying them again. This has to be the last time. I can't keep doing this. If it doesn't work I'm going to have to throw them away.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow. That is some dedication to the right color curtain. I hope this one works out for you.

Jeff and I wanted curtains in the garage so we went out and bought some black and maroon material and stapled it to the top of our shelves out there. It didn't look half bad.