Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Not sure, but something isn't quite right...

I've caught up a little bit on my class for school, have a moment to breathe a little bit, and am noticing something that sucks. I actually feel a little bit lonely. There's been so much excitement in my life with moving, studying for tests, taking classes, and getting ready for the baby that I think two things have happened. Number 1, I'm so used to being busy that when I'm not I don't know what to do with my time. I supposed I could start a book (it's been awhile since I read), but that seems like such a waste of time. I feel like I should do more with my spare time. Number 2, it seems like our friends are gone or not available. Jake and I really need to make more of an effort to see friends sometimes. I was so desperate to feel like I had a social life that last Friday night I found out that Emilio was going to a comedy show with his sister and I invited myself to go along. It was fun, but it still feels like something is missing in life. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't like this feeling. Maybe it's that there's so much expectation for the baby in a few months that I don't feel excited enough about the "now". I don't know. I suppose I'm not really sure what it is, but I don't feel completely satisfied. I'll have to think some more about this.

2 comments:

Mel said...

In a few short months you won't be lonely for sure. You guys have just had so much going on you probably haven't thought about having fun in awhile.

Relish the down time while you have it. Your life will pick up again before you know it.

Wendy said...

That is sad. I wish i lived closer to you. But the baby will be here soon and all of your free time will be gone. i know you will love being a mom. i didn't mind the first couple months being on my own but then I realized i needed some other moms to hang out with. I am sure you will find friends with kids also to do stuff with.