Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My First Appt and Serious Nausea

Until yesterday, I wasn't really entirely convinced that I was actually pregnant. OK, I suppose I'm exaggerating, but it didn't seem quite real. But then they did the ultrasound which I have posted below and confirmed that it's true. I really do have a blob growing in me. They even let us listen to the heartbeat. It could hardly believe that only about 5 weeks after conception it would sound so strong. It was at 160 beats per minute.



To confirm matters even more, I was closer today than ever before to actually throwing up. I hung around in the restroom for about 5 minutes trying to decide if it was going to happen, but luckily I think I'm getting over it and am currently eating as I type to try to get my stomach settled.

One last thing, my due date is May 13th, although the second one based on size is May 17th. They say if it's not more than a week off, they stick with the original one. So let's see what actually happens. :)

7 comments:

Chris Steele said...

Hooray for the blob! It's very cute. I'm predicting a boy, but I have no good reason. Maybe it's because the heartbeat was slower than my blob's (176). But I'm pretty sure that whole heartbeat thing is just made up anyway. Congratulations again, and thanks for the pictures!
Oh, and if the nausea continues, ask for Reglan--it has worked WONDERS for me this time.

Sarah said...

its funny I always want a dr. to confirm I'm pregnant before I really believe it too.

Joanne said...

I'm so happy for you.

Wendy said...

I am the same as Sarah. I actually asked them to take a blood test the first time to make sure. That sounds so funny now. As for the blob, it is absolutely adorable.

Lonnie said...

That is so awesome! I am still working on it so I can't help but be a bit jealous but I am still very happy for you!

Hart's Haven said...

Hooray for the newest blob! I can't wait to see how much your baby is like Wendy's. Does that sound strange? I just know it is going to be an awesome little one!!!!!!!

Mel said...

Congratulations. Hopefully, the nausea won't last too long. :)

Gatorade worked wonders for me. Of course, I don't drink it anymore as it was ALL I could keep down with my pregnancy with Caiden. Kiya is a trooper and allows me to keep down food.

I am so happy for you both. :)