Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Glue Troubles

This weekend we were cleaning the garage and transfering some of the things we have in cardboard boxes into plastic containers. While going through the boxes we found that a few had been dripped on by a type of glue that had been stored above the boxes. The pictures I've included give a small taste of what everything looked like. The main box that was affected had our dishes in it. Thank goodness the glue came off after being washed in warm water. The tuperware we just threw away.

Below is the plate that was on the bottom of the box. In this picture I've almost got the cardboard box off.


In the picture below, I've finally got the box off. I then brought it into the house where some warm water helped me get the rest of the mess off the plate.


In this picture is some of the stuff that couldn't be saved.


This is where the boxes had been stored. You can still see some of the glue on the ground with bits of cardboard still attached.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Fun stuff. Why the heck did you have so much glue?

Pam said...

I don't even know what it was for, just stored with the other chemicals. I think Jake said it might be for grout.

Hart's Haven said...

What a mess to clean up! Glad yu were able to save the dishes.
It sounds kind of funny that the glue used for grout would dissolve with water?
Love you Mom