Thursday, November 09, 2006

Friends, A Day Off, and Too Much Internet

It turns out that Alan's new apartment is only a couple blocks from a lighted disc golf course. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of us out throwing discs around an eerily foggy course at 2:00am last Saturday, but I do remember having a lot of fun. We even went on the playground. :)

But here are some pictures of the day after. We ended up at a really good mexican restaurant that morning.


This coming weekend should have been a three day weekend for me, but it turns out that we have a special event on Saturday. But I'm very excited to have tomorrow off. I hope to have time to sleep in, hem two pairs of pants that have been waiting (probably won't happen), and try to relax a bit.

This week has been especially stressful with student registration taking place, but today is the last day. Thank goodness! I haven't felt like I've had time to do anything - like blogging. Of course, I suppose I shouldn't be using work time to write on my blog. :)

One problem that I've had lately is that I get caught up reading internet articles any time I need to look something up on line. I can easily spend 30 or more minutes clicking on link after link reading interesting stories, but it's a total waste of time. I'm trying to catch myself and not read too much. I've developed about 5 stacks of stuff around my office that need to be sorted, and I'm contributing to my stress by not getting more important things done. That's defintely an area that has room for improvement, but I'll continue to work on it.

3 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

Oh sounds like you're stressed. Just take a few days off and when you get back just tackle one thing at a time. It always works as long as you don't let yourself get side-tracked.

Wendy said...

Wow. You... not working at work. Shocking. It is bad when your work at work is piling up from doing other stuff. One good thing about teaching is that you can't procrastinate. The kids are going to be in class and expecting a lesson if you are ready or not so you better be ready.

Mel said...

I can see how you can do that. I mean, sometimes it's such a daunting task to face reality and it's much easier to just take some time out to think about pointless or less important things. I say it's ok in small doses!