Monday, October 02, 2006

Fishing

On Sunday, Jake and I got up at 4:15am to go fishing - it was horrible. I feel like I have jet lag today.

I almost threw up on the boat going out to sea, even though I took a pill to help with sea sickness an hour before that. I felt a bit miserable for a good part of the trip. To top it all off, I ruined my favorite pair of pants. They are black and I didn't think I'd be able to stain them. It turned out that they swabbed the deck with bleach water at the end and my pants were touching the floor. About an inch of my hem is now pink. I was pretty sad last night, but I'm going to see if I can find another pair on e-bay since that's where I found them before. I'm also going to try coloring the pants with permanant marker since they're black to see if maybe it won't be possible to tell from a distance. It might sound silly, but they fit perfectly and matched a lot of shirts that I have.

Jake and I bought a new digital Panasonic camera for $99 at Frys. We figure it'll be good to have until we find our other. The reasons for getting it was that it was cheap, uses an SD card, and has image stabilizer (it's also 5 mega pixels). It didn't work too bad; you can see the pictures below.


I was recovering from being sick in the cabin and came out to find fish everywhere. Jake caught four big ones and there were lots of fish being caught all over the place. I asked to hold the pole and suddenly the fish were gone. I did catch two later in the day, but it was almost like I was the bad luck token at that point. Oh well. Below is Jake's biggest fish.

5 comments:

Chris Steele said...

I hate seasickness. And Dramamine makes me sleepy.

Sarah said...

you don't look very happy in that first one... but still very cute. love the hat.

Wendy said...

Yes, the hat is very cute. And pics are good for a $100 camera.

Anonymous said...

Pam,
You look cute just like your sister Wendy. I love that hat on you, but why do you look so sad.

Susan

Mel said...

Pam, you do not look happy in that second picture.

As for the bad luck fishing. It must be a Bonney thing. Dave always catches real estate (rocks), but he has a blast!

P.S. I didn't know you got sea sick?