Sunday, October 15, 2006

Alan's New Place and Organization

I know it's been awhile, but I haven't found much to talk about. I'll try to keep up a bit more.

This weekend Jake and I spent some time with Alan, who just moved into his own apartment in Anaheim. I think Jake has found his new favorite place to hang out. Alan his computers, internet, video games, robots, and other electric gadgets and gizmos that really don't excite me like it does for them. Today they spent two hours at Fry's Electronics, so I spent that time at Target.

My main goal today was to find some organization for my many, many, almost embarrassingly many shoes. I currently have an enormous mound on the floor of my closet. I figured that five minutes trying to find both shoes probably meant it was time to get organized. My solution based on careful analysis of space, sizing, whether hanger space would be needed and how many shoes could fit in each option, led me to the final solution of three clear, shallow, tubs that are currently in my car. I kind of wish we could go home so that I can organize! But Jake and Alan are currently in heaven with food, alcohol, tv, downloading stuff off the internet, and playing with all the new cables and hookups required in Alan's new place from the Fry's trip today.

We also bought Seven a new dog house/cat house. I woke up this morning and found her food dishes full of rain water. I'm also realizing that she doesn't have anywhere to go at night since we took off her cat door for the garage. It's also getting colder and I want her to have her cat bed again. So we have a nice new house for her that will fit her bed and food dish. I'm kind of excited to see if she'll like it.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love getting organized. And I want to know if Seven likes her new house.