Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bike Riding

Last week West Los Angeles College was on spring break so I went on a bike ride on that black top trail in the foothills. This time I went up to that really steep part at the end and it wasn't as bad as I remembered. It turns out that there is a helicopter pad at the top of the hill which was pretty cool. I've never had the opportunity to see one up close before - although really it was just black top.

After the ride I was driving back down the hill and had an opportunity to do a good deed. It's a really windy downhills road for about 15 miles and I passed a van with a person inside holding a sign that said "out of gas". I think I'd seen the same van at 4:30pm when I went up the hill and it was now about 7:00pm so I decided to see if I could help. I stopped by the gas station at the bottom of the hill, filled up one of their containers and brought it back for them. They were very grateful for the help and called me an angel. :)

It was a good bike riding day.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

What a sweetie pie you are. Definitely an angel. : )

Anonymous said...

That was awesome!!!!!! What a great person.

Mel said...

An angel? Well you do have a sweet face. That was very nice. I am impressed!