Saturday, February 03, 2007

I Got the Job!

Some good news! I finally heard from Human Resources with an offer for the new College Advising Center Coordinator position. I'm still not exactly sure what I will be doing since this is a completely new position, but I'm just hoping that it will be different enough to keep me interested for at least another couple of years. So I'm kind of excited and nervous all at the same time. Wish me luck!

Another good thing that happened yesterday (besides the job offer) is that I received a carpool sticker. I had always assumed that I couldn't have one since Jake and I don't arrive on campus together, but it turns out that since we drive over 51% of the way together, I can still have a sticker. Now, this might not seem like a big deal to everyone, but it will probably cut off almost 5 minutes from my walk to my office. It's too bad that I won't get as much exercise, but I'm usually carrying a lot of heavy stuff, including my lunch and lap top. It's also going to be nice if it's too hot or cold outside since I won't be exposed to the elements as long.

So those were a couple of good things from as extremely busy and stressful week. Luckily, I have Monday and Tuesday off. Jake has a conference in San Diego so I'm going to go stay at the hotel with him. I'm envisioning days of sleeping in, reading lazily in bed while Jake is at the conference, and then hitting the town at night. Good times!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

yay!!!! congratulations!!!!!

Hart's Haven said...

Awesome!! Congratulations!
I knew you were a better choice than the other guy. I'm only a little biased!

Wendy said...

Yay! You got it! Of course. : ) And I hope you are able to relax in San Diego. You deserve to take a break.

Mel said...

Congratulations on the job. What will you be doing?

Chris Steele said...

Congratulations! Does this mean that you only have to work one job now?

Joanne said...

Congratulations. Good job.

Pam said...

I'll still be working both jobs, but that's OK, I like my second job.

As for what I'll be doing, I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out. :)