Friday, July 21, 2006

Stress.... But Also A Good Thing?

I've been a bit stressed out lately and haven't had the time or energy to actually write anything down. I've been helping my dad to sell his second house and to buy a new property. This is the first time that I'm using my broker's license.

If it was for Jake and myself it wouldn't be so bad, but I didn't realize that I would feel so much responsibility when I'm helping someone from my family. I have faith in my abilities, but I get nervous because if I do something wrong, Dad would be in trouble and I would feel terrible. So it's been a great experience, but I've also been a bit stressed out. Today we finally signed the last papers and we're going into escrow on both properties. Wish me luck.

At least I know that I'm looking out for my dad's best interests. The guy that was helping him look for a property at first didn't seem to be doing a good job. The properties the Realtor chose would have had a hard time breaking even on income vs. payments, and just happened to be giving the highest commission that Realtors receive when representing buyers. He did a lot of things that had me worried that he was more concerned with his own interests than with my fathers.

So I'll probably continue to be stressed out over the next month as we try to close escrow on both properties. Buy hey, I'm really doing real estate broker activities. Very cool!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That's exciting.

Joanne said...

Very impressive

Chris Steele said...

That is awesome.

Wendy said...

Very cool Pam. That is so great that you were able to help Dad out and what a great learning opportunity. Dad is lucky to have you willing to spend so much time to make sure he got a good deal. You're awesome.