Monday, July 24, 2006

Piggy Art

One of my friends (Emilio) is attending art school, specifically for Industrial Design. In one of his classes, they spent time drawing the objects that were on display. One of these was a piggy. When I saw the picture he'd drawn, I liked it a lot so he gave it to me. I'm amazed at the talent of some people. He was using materials that he's not really used to, and drew this in just a few minutes. Some people are so talented! I love how everyone can be different and have various strength. It makes the world an interesting place.

Jake's nickname for me is Piggy. I didn't like it at first, which, for those of you who know Jake, means that he was more likely to keep using the nickname. So at this point I have embraced the name and have actually come to like it. Hence, we now have piggy art.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool. I think you have some artistic talent in you as well. I noticed how you got your reflection in the picture of piggy art. You and the other piggy facing each other almost embracing just like your post said. So deep and filled with meaning. : ) Hee hee. I will stop now but I do really like it. Cool. You should post about how you thought the neighbors knew your nickname when you moved in over there.

Sarah said...

yeah i like how your reflection is in there too.