Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Pillow


I have been very uncomfortable lately trying to go to bed. I always sleep on my stomach and I even joke about having the "sleeping position". Not that I don't turn over at night, but in order to fall asleep, I usually have to be on my stomach. Sleeping on my side as all of the sites suggest has not been easy. Lately I would use about three to four pillows (before I only needed one) and I would try stuffing them around me - between my legs, under my side, behind my back etc. It would take me about 10 minutes to get comfortable and Jake was not happy about my movements keeping him awake. And of course when I got up to use the bathroom I could never find the same position again. So this weekend we went to Babies R Us to buy a Baby Shower present and found this sleeping pillow. Not only has it been wonderful the last few nights, but I can also zip it up and use it for the baby eventually. Of course that's only if I'm willing to give it up at that point. I really like this pillow. I just hope that it continues to be comfortable as I get bigger.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That is cool. Maybe I will try that for my next pregnancy. It looks and sounds really comfortable. I remember trying to get comfortable after abandoning my tummy sleeping. I also had that as the "sleeping posititon". It was so hard to change. It is funny because now I don't even sleep on my tummy a year after being pregnant. I guess that is good so I won't have to retrain myself.

Hart's Haven said...

I agree that is really wonderful! I too was a tummy sleeper until I got pregnant and understand how hard it is to adjust to sleeping on your side. In fact at about 6 months pregnant I couldn't sleep on my stomach and began waking up multiple times at night positioned on my back unable to breath. The doctor told me that with the weight of the babies it was important that I adjust to sleeping on my side. That new pillow would have been great!

Mel said...

I am more of an all over sleeper. I do not discount any sleeping position at all. I like them all. I tend to sleep on my side and then turn to my stomach, and then end up on my back. However, the heartburn or acid reflex during pregnancy is what gets me right now. sleeping upright and on my side is the only option. I use at least two pillows - mostly because I am too cheap to buy a cool pillow like you have :) The pillow sounds like heaven!