Thursday, February 07, 2008

Child Care

Jake and I went to look at child care centers today. We found one that we both like for a decent price - thank goodness. The only problem is that their wait list is a little bit long. Unfortunately, we might have to go with one of our other options until a spot opens up if we haven't moved to the top of the list by the time Baby Hester needs child care. We probably won't need child care until September but they said the wait list might be more than 6-9 months. I had started looking for child care a couple of months ago but had gotten so busy that I put it off until now. Thank goodness we hadn't waited any longer or it might have been impossible to find a place.

4 comments:

Chris Steele said...

I HATE finding daycare, and their horrible waiting lists. I got a call from one this past fall (when Emily was more than a year old) saying that they had an opening...I told them they could move on down the list! One place told me that I should've put my name on the list when I was trying to get pregnant. I think that's a bit early. Good luck--I'm sure something will open up.

Wendy said...

I am glad that you found someplace you both seem to like. Hopefully a spot will open up soon.

Hart's Haven said...

It makes me feel so good that you found a good place that you both like that will be a comfort when you have to leave him the first time.

Mel said...

Child care is ridiculous. They charge way too much and some of the facilities are horrible. I searched and searched for a good place. I finally found one that I am comfortable leaving Caiden in, and that he enjoys as well, but it is REALLY expensive.

You are right about the wait list. I put Kiya on the wait list for where Caiden goes the minute I found out I was pregnant just in case. They told me that hoped that they would have a spot, but that they would take me before anyone else as Caiden already goes there. Thankfully, I just reached out to them again to confirm the date and they DO have a spot.

Still it is just way too expensive. :( I am so frustrated with the whole child care thing.