Saturday, September 08, 2007

Our New Fence - Not Such a Great Idea?

I'm so upset.

Jake and I had a great idea - build a tall wood fence on the side of the back house to make the whole house surrounded by the same type of fence. It would also block out the uglyness of the rest of the street.

We spent over $400 building this fence and it's beautiful.

But then the problems began last week. I guess the neighbors don't like that they can't see over the fence anymore and can't see what's going on in the neighborhood. So they have begun to congregate on the street at the end of their driveway. They talk somewhat loudly, drink beer, and look like gang members the way they are dressed. To be honest, most of them probably are.

I really don't think the new tenants are going to appreciate this, and I feel guilty like it's our fault that they are going to have to deal with it. I don't need this stress right now! And I have absolutely no control over the situation.

This sucks!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

LEAVE the fence. If I was moving in I would want the privacy!

Wendy said...

Yeah, you need to leave the fence. Maybe they will get tired of hanging out in the street. Does it seem like they are mad at you and want revenge??

Pam said...

No, they are just happy to look how they look and be those type of people that hang out looking like gang members.

Anonymous said...

Oh Pammy! You should not worry! You did everything you thought was right and you are not at fault for trying to make something nicer or more private. You and Jake have made extra efforts for everything and the tenants should be overjoyed. Never fear, Pam - you, as usual, have superceded what should be expected of you! You rock, Pam!!

Mel said...

I'm sure they are doing that because it is more of a novelty right now.

When you have time, post a picture.