Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Just Random Stuff

I don't have much to say, except that I've been pretty busy lately. We've had members of Jake's family staying over the last two weekends, which is fun, but takes up a lot of time.

We also had an open house last weekend. I think the house is finally at a good price. We were above what we should have been at before. Too bad we didn't try to sell a few months earlier. Oh well.

I haven't done a whole lot with my new job yet. I'm still doing a lot of the old stuff, but things are slowly sliding my way that deal with the new position. It's actually felt like a pretty good transition.

We haven't been mountain biking in about three weeks which is quite depressing, but between jobs and family, it's hard to find the time. :(

Mostly I've been reading like crazy - I'm in one of my phases right now and cleaning off my book shelves. I've always just thrown a book on the shelf when it was done, so I'm trying to read through them all. Once I'm done reading I mark it either as a "Keep" or a "Donate". So far it's working very well, and I feel like I'm making good progress getting rid of some that I wouldn't really want to read again. Pretty interesting to actually feel like I'm accomplishing something while reading, since usually I feel a bit guilty since I could be doing something else.

Not much else to report, and I'd better go since I've got a student I need to help.

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

Wow how exciting. I hope your house sells. Where would you move?
Too bad you haven't had time to bike ride, sometimes it feels really good to get out and push yourself.
Hope to see you soon.
Love you Mom

Wendy said...

Yes, have you guys found another place yet? I will enjoy hearing about your new job once you actually start doing more with it.

Mel said...

I agree. Hope your house sells...you're moving by us, right? You know, so Caiden can see you more *wink wink*. We also have nice mountain bike trails here....

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Mom - We will probably look somewhere around Fullerton.

Wendy - We won't start looking for a new place until we are going through escrow on this one.

Melissa - We are NOT moving to Sun City. :)