Thursday, December 21, 2006

Guns Are Scary

Early this week I was almost to my workplace when I saw a cop speading by with it's lights on. It slowed down and looked at two guys standing at the bus stop and then sped away again. The guys looked confused about what had just happened. I was curious also.

Up ahead was another cop car with police out standing next to some people. The first car I mention sped toward them, then stopped suddenly and the guys got out and went toward some thick bushes. By the time I reached the scene up close (that's where I turn right), I could clearly see what they were doing from about 15-20 feet away from me. One cop grabbed a guy who appeared to be hiding in the bushes and pushed him to ground. They must have told him to put his hands behind his back because that's what he did. The second cop drew his gun and had it pointed at the guy on the ground.

It was very strange and somewhat surreal to see all this before I turned the corner. By the way, it's the corner that leads directly onto our campus. I have a hunch that maybe he was trying to break into the cars in that area since students park along that street when they don't want to pay for a parking permit.

Anyway, kind of a strange thing to see on my way to work.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

i agree, it's really weird/scary to see the police in action. I was just telling someone else about a time we were at lax and saw the end of what i think was a high speed chase play out about 100 yards in front of us. guns were being fired and people were falling down. very scary.

Wendy said...

Wow. I tend to think i live in a bubble where that stuff never happens.

Hart's Haven said...

Guns are very scary when you hold them especially when you think that you have the power of life or death in your hand. At the police academy I had a friend help me get used to them cause on the first day I couldn't even hold them. But I soon found out I'm a good shot.