Sunday, September 06, 2009

Update

Jake is out shopping with Dean so I have a few minutes for an update.

School started for me last week and so far it has been great. It already feels so much easier than it did last year. I hope, hope, hope that my kids don't get crazy. I remember then being good in the first few weeks and then showing their true colors, so I hope that things are good when my kids finally get comfortable enough to be themselves.

The whole family is doing great. Dean has been sick a few times recently but is generally happy and pretty well behaved. No sign of the terrible twos yet. I've read a few book to get ideas on how to handle disciple so I feel more prepared than I did before. Dean's a real cutie pie and just absolutely love him. I can't stop kissing him and giving him plenty of attention. I worry about spoiling him. Going back to school wasn't that difficult but I do wonder if he misses us during the day. Last week he actually didn't cry and beeline it for me when I walked in. He kept playing with his toy. My, how things change. :)

We also have an addition to the family. Jake's niece, Katie, is staying with us this year. It was a last minute thing to get her away from a bad high school with gang problems. She moved here from North Carolina and I really enjoy having she. She's a lovely girl. Now, we just need to figure out how we are going to do more permanent room arrangements.

I also had great news from Wendy but I'll let her make a post about it before I say too much. And for those of you who might jump to crazy conclusions about that.... she is NOT pregnant. Exciting stuff - my life just got BETTER!

2 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

What a great update...... You guys are awesome and I bet things will just get better! Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Just found this blog by clicking next blog on the top of the screen from my blog. Real great blog. You have so much content. Have you tried putting ads on your blog yet?