Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's Been Too Long

I really, really suck. I know! I've just been soooooo busy!

But I thought of a few things to say that wouldn't take very long, unlike posting pictures of our vacation which I'm still hoping to get around to eventually.

But the first item to mention is that Diane and Lisa have left for Virginia. Lisa got into a University for a Physician's Assistant program and she's going to be gone for three years. Lisa and Diane both quit Disney and have moved away. It feels very strange to have all our good friends slowly leaving us one by one. We don't have many people left here and I'm seriously lacking in girl friends (not that I have time for it anyway). We've been jokingly talking about begining interviews for new friends - well, maybe halfway joking. Thank goodness Emilio didn't leave when Mike came into the picture. And Alan better not leave us if he gets a boyfriend! But basically, my point is that we will miss them very much and wish them luck.

Secondly, Jake and I fixed his car window this weekend which I was quite proud of. Audi told us it would cost $500 to fix his window that wasn't rolling up. The part we needed was only $135, so Jake and I decided that if we couldn't do it, we'd bring the car in with the door in pieces and let them finish the job. Now, it's hard for me to admit, but Jake definitely did more than me - a lot more - OK fine, I mostly just stood around and watched the proceedings, but Jake is an engineer and he just gets how things go together better than me. I hate that I'm not mechanically inclined. It's embarrassing. Anyway, we were able to get it done in about 3 hours going very slow to make sure we didn't screw anything up, and it saved us about $365. Hooray for us, and I thought it was kind of fun.

I'll try to post when I have something to say and time to say it, but I'm not making any promises. My life is ridiculous.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

it really sucks when friends move away. or in our case when you move away from all your friends.

hey good job on the window, that's impressive!

Mel said...

Wow! That's great that you guys were able to fix the window. Next time I have that problem, I know who to call :)

Wendy said...

Good job Jake... oh and Pam too. : ) Sad about friends. but remember what I said. It is a lot cheaper not to have friends. : )

Hart's Haven said...

I guess you got your mechanical skills from me. Thank goodness Jim is so good at that kind of stuff.